Sunday, November 1, 2015

This is us...

So here we are 19 years strong. Life has bustled on and like never in the past, we sat Halloween night waiting for the rush of trick or treaters and watching the World Series (Go Royals!).  Feeling blessed and happy that we got to see some of our children and two of our sweet grandchildren in costume and of course Frank (the Boxer) made an appearance and wore Uncle Trigger (our VeRy old Lab) completely out. Later I got texts and an email with pictures of the other grandchildren to make the day complete.   Having an empty nest is a lot different than I imagined, after years of doing and being responsible for so many it's easy to become lazy and complacent spending hours literally doing nothing productive. As a matter of fact i feel very unprepared many a day because i have spent so little time getting my thoughts and plans mentally organized.  Too much time can be a foe. I find myself forgetting things that are important if i don't make a point to follow up and complete a task right away.  It gets tucked in a locked file in my mind and I forget it's even there.  I battle fickleness (out of sight - out of mind) I battle losing track of things because i put them exactly where i knew I wouldn't forget they were only to completely forget, where i put them. I know what you're thinking (this lady is getting old and doesn't want to admit it).  I tried to feign early alzheimer's to The PrEacHer today but he didn't buy it.  This post is to get me thinking.  To get me moving toward a goal i have to share information, to share news, to clear my foggy mind. Im not going to expect much from it starting out because honestly i can't really put two good thoughts together right now.  My mind is already spinning thinking of all the other things i should be doing instead of this.  However, God has done great and unbelievable things in me and I am so grateful i don't want to keep His goodness to myself.  It's good to recognize the changing seasons of life and embrace them.  This is going to be the best chapter yet.  So... here we are 19 years strong.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your thoughts! You inspire so many....and I know you don't want to hear that! :)

    ReplyDelete